Effective Date: October 1, 2018
- Use websites owned by Datometry
- Register for or attend Datometry-hosted or sponsored events (such as promotional events, webinars, contests, or surveys)
- Order or use Datometry products, services, or other offerings
- Communicate or interact with Datometry on-line or off-line, including for service of Datometry products or services installed on your premises or in the cloud
- Apply for a job with Datometry
Personal Information and Data Collected
We collect your Information, including Personal Information, through public databases, partners, social media platforms, conference hosts, event companies, and other third-parties. If you log in to our websites using your social media login credentials, we may receive Information, including Personal Information, as determined by the practices of the applicable social media platform.
Using Your Personal Information and Data Collected
- Sending marketing communications, like educational materials or information about special offers or upcoming online or offline events
- Inviting you to participate in webinars, sweepstakes, campaigns, or surveys
- Personalizing your experience by offering content tailored to your interests
- Enabling the trial, purchase and delivery of our products and services
- Providing customer support, and respond to requests, questions and comments
- When necessary to fulfill or perform a contract we enter with you, or an organization you work for, such as when our products and services process information about your data management systems and related applications
- Analyzing your use of our products and services to drive improvements
- Processing when necessary to further our legitimate interests, which may include the improvement of our products or services for all customers
- Partners and Resellers. We may disclose Information to third-parties, including our partners and resellers to permit them to assess your interest in our products and services, conduct user research and surveys, or send you marketing communications, subject to the terms of their privacy policies.
- Merger or Sale. We may disclose information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose Information as appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Datometry, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
How We Secure Your Information
Datometry takes reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard Personal Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission, software, or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Datometry” section below.
If Datometry learns of a breach of its systems, Datometry may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and as agreed. By using the Services or providing Personal Information to Datometry, you agree that Datometry may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services and the Information.
How You Can Access and Correct Your Information
We give you choices regarding your access, and our use and disclosure, of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. If you would like to review, correct, or update your Personal Information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to indicate in your request what Information you would like to have changed. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, consistent with applicable law. Note, in some cases we may charge an administrative fee to process marketing access requests.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from Datometry on a go-forward basis, you may also contact us at the email address above and request that your Personal Information be removed from marketing-related emails.
Datometry Also Observes the Following Practices
Use of Services by Minors. The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or those not of the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Cross-Border Transfers. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using any of our Services, you consent to the transfer of Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Information you provide to us can be legally transferred to the United States or another country.
Sensitive Information. You agree to not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) or any protected health information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (otherwise known as “HIPAA”) Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, as amended, unless otherwise provided in your written agreements with Datometry.
Office of the General Counsel
118 Second Street, Floor 6
San Francisco, CA 94105
If you would like to exercise your right to be forgotten, please send an email to email@example.com with the “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line. Please use or include the email address you use when interacting with Datometry.